Sunday, October 29, 2017

Mississippi Mud Cake

I've had several family members ask me for this recipe. My Mama used to make this all the time. And every time I see a post with a recipe, it's nothing like Mama's. Especially the one I saw with pre-made cake mix and mini-marshmallows. For shame! ;)

Cake:
1 stick margarine (softened)
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup pecans

Icing:
1/2 stick margarine (softened)
2 1/2 TBS cocoa
2 1/2 TBS milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar

Topping:
6-8 oz marshmallow creme (I've seen these jars of "fluff" in several different sizes, so I made some room. Just don't use the whole jar if you got the extra large jar of fluff!)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix cake ingredients. 

Coat an 8x8 baking pan with butter. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 minutes.

While cake is baking, prepare icing by mixing all icing ingredients in a medium bowl.

When cake is done baking, and while still warm, spread the marshmallow creme over cake. Then pour the icing over the cake and marshmallow creme. Use a butter knife to create a swirl pattern on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment